Friday, November 07, 2008

Gor Mkhitarian

A few weeks ago I met Gor Mkhitarian. We are both fromthe same town so there was a lot to talk about. Of course, we also talked about the earthquake and the 'cold and dark days' during the Karabakh war. The most vivid memory is the bread situation during that time. I had not realized one thing that Gor mentioned - the psychological condition of the parents who are unable to provide food for their kids and often go hungry themselves in order to feed the children. For a man to realize this requires emotional intelligence which apparently I lack. That's probably why Gor is an artist and I am not.

He didn't mind me posting his songs online. But looking at a blank screen is not interesting so I decided to make my first video. It's not a good quality as I lack both the skills and equipment for a good production but is tolerable. You can listen to his stuff on his website.

No comments: