Whoopty-doo. The Armenian blogosphere is abuzz with Suren Surenyants quitting politics. His defenders: regime apologists.
It has been quite interesting to follow these events during those slow August days. To recap:
1. Surenyants meets with the defense minister;
2. Surenyants posts on his blog that the defense minister is upset and wants to punish all responsible for the bullying and murders going on in the army;
3. The regime apologists start claiming that HAK says that Surenyants is a traitor. HAK and the opposition remain silent but a there are a ton of anonymous posts on his blog telling that he is a traitor;
4. Surenyants claims he is good friends with Marish Bozikian (one of the regime spokespeople) and Ashot Ashotian (the infamous minister of education);
5. More anonymous posts claiming he is a traitor, a muted response by HAK;
6. Surenyants says he is not a traitor and says that he quits politics.
Hopefully Surenyants continues to post on his blogs. I like his posts.