Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HDR photography.

The more I play with HDR, the more I like it. It really makes scenes look better. Some of the processing can make pics look like cartoons but I prefer more natural looking outputs.

One problem that I keep coming across is changing environment between shots. I like taking nature photos and unfortunately, the leaves, flowers, grass, etc. shift due to the wind. The farther objects end up fuzzy and the closer objects get ghosted.

Below is an example of this: Compare the HDR and non-HDR, normally exposed, versions. The trees in the background are clearly noticeable while the white of the fence has details as well. Notice the leaves at the upper left corner. The branches have moved because of the wind between the three shots used for this picture.

Here is the HDR:


Here is the normal shot:

No comments: